When companies and schools are looking to buy USB memory sticks printed with their logo or brand on then typically they want them in a hurry. Often the requirement is to have the sticks within a matter of days and some cases hours.
If this sounds familiar then to ease the process and reduce stress levels it's worth taking a quick look at the lost below because it illustrates the most common mistakes that people make when placing orders and these simple mistakes lead to delays whilst they are resolved. So, if you are ordering or about to order printed USB memory sticks then take a couple of minutes to just check that you're not guilty of any of the following:
1. Garbage in garbage out is a phrase more synonymous with the computer industry but it's equally appropriate when it comes to printing anything with a brand or logo on - if the artwork you supply is poor then then final printed product will be poor. Don't expect to be able to get good print from an image "grabbed" from your website or taken off a Microsoft Office document. So, before you place your order make sure you can get high quality vector artwork files in any of the following formats;.eps..ai,.pdf,.cad or.swf.
2. Cheating and saving a.jpg or gif file as vector file won't help - all you do is create a low quality image that will result in a low quality print.
3. Pantone references - if you need an exact representation of the colours in your logo then it makes sense to supply the Pantone reference numbers for each colour. Without these the only option is to "best match" the colours.
4. Be available - once you have committed to an order for printed USB sticks there are several stages your order will go through and at each stage you (or a colleague) will need to be available to sign off the proof, to sign off any data that is being loaded onto the sticks and finally to make payment for the sticks. If you or another member of your team can't be reached it may delay things and you could miss your preferred delivery date.
5. Think about where your USB sticks are going to be delivered to - most orders for USB sticks will be sent with an overnight courier company but "overnight" to certain postcodes means two days! If you live in the Highlands or Islands or other remote parts of the UK then allow an extra day for delivery. Equally, make sure you double check the address you supply for delivery, offer a contact phone number and make sure someone is going to be in on the delivery date to receive the printed USB sticks.
Phil is part of the team at USB2U. USB2U is a specialist supplier of Branded and Promotional USB Memory Sticks. We offer fast turnaround times, excellent advice and support and free design and mock-ups. If you are considering Branded Memory Sticks or want custom USB memory sticks then please contact us - we 'd be delighted to hear from you.